I have extensive experience in teaching and public speaking. If you would like me to give a talk (an academic lecture, a corporate briefing or a talk to a general audience) please contact me at ykawato [at] uw.edu
- Centre for Area and Cultural Studies at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, May 7, 2014. Delivered a lecture entitled “Nation and Nationalism in Japanese Society, Politics and International Relations” to a Master’s course “Introduction to Area and Cultural Studies.”
- Centre Européen de Recherches Internationales et Stratégiques, March 27, 2015, March 28, 2014 and March 22, 2013. Delivered a lecture entitled “Japan: Foreign Policy and Security Challenges” to a Master’s course on international politics designed for professionals.
Six years of teaching at University of Washington
I taught course material and led discussion as a teaching assistant for the following courses:
- Introduction to International Relations
- International Conflict
- The Politics and Law of International Human Rights
- Introduction to Comparative Politics
- Media, Society, and Political Identity
I developed public speaking skills through presentations at major conferences, including those held by the American Political Science Association, International Studies Association, Association for Asian Studies, and Société Française des Etudes Japonaises.